Logo
Favorites Add to favorites | Contact  

F1 news

F1 - Button not ruling out F1 return

"I have a contract with the team to race next year so..."


16 May 2017 - 10h29, by GMM 

Jenson Button is not ruling out a full-time return to formula one.

Last year, despite the F1 veteran inking a new two-year contract with McLaren, the Briton said the 2016 Abu Dhabi race would be his last in F1.

But he is making a one-off return in Monaco next weekend to replace Fernando Alonso, who is doing the Indy 500.

And now, the 37-year-old said he might come back full time in 2018.

"I can’t rule it out," Button is quoted by the Sun.

"I have a contract with the team to race next year so I would definitely not rule anything out," he added. Alonso’s contract runs out at the end of the year.

Button, however, said he would not actively push to do more races this year, as he went into 2017 planning to have "a break".

"I had so many options to race this year it is hilarious," he revealed.

"That even went into this year with two different teams asking me to race. I have no interest in doing that."

As for his chances in Monaco, Button was criticised recently for not doing the Bahrain test to prepare, and now admits: "I don’t know what is going to happen.

"I don’t know if I am going to jump in the car that it feels so different that I won’t be competitive."



Partager
Bookmark and Share
Bookmark and Share on Google   Bookmark and Share on Yahoo   Bookmark and Share on Netvibes   Bookmark and Share on Newsgator
F1
Photos - 2017 Azerbaijan GP - Race (579 photos)
Photos - 2017 Azerbaijan GP - Pre-race (173 photos)
Photos - 2017 Azerbaijan GP - Saturday (683 photos)
Photos - 2017 Azerbaijan GP - Friday (681 photos)
Photos - 2017 Azerbaijan GP - Thursday (321 photos)
Photos - 2017 Canadian GP - Race (719 photos)
Photos - 2017 Canadian GP - Pre-race (183 photos)
Photos - 2017 Canadian GP - Saturday (618 photos)
Photos - 2017 Canadian GP - Friday (708 photos)
Photos - 2017 Canadian GP - Thursday (383 photos)
F1

F1
Video - The Haas F1 VF-17 on track at Barcelona
Video - Red Bull launches new RB13 car for 2017
Video - Ricciardo and Verstappen go drone racing in Montreal
Vidéo - Interview with Max Verstappen after the Monaco GP
Video - Baku GP circuit preview
Video - Renault F1 RS16 - 2016 livery launch
Video - Pirelli explains the new tyre regulations
Video - A first look at Baku City Circuit
Video - Haas F1 VF-16 launch
Videos - The Ferrari SF16-H, a bold concept (Allison, Resta & Binotto)
F1

F1


Miniboutik





F1
F1